Universities in Canada – Education abroad is unlocking new avenues for college students and professionals to boost their profiles and gain a worldwide perspective within their particular fields. With technological advancements in nearly every vertical across industries and organizations, there’s a budding requirement for professionals to become well experienced with current trends on the market as well as in their specific fields. This is when overseas education plays a pivotal role. As universities in India focus majorly on theory-based education, students are given lesser mediums to achieve hands-on experience when studying their courses. In stark contrast, universities abroad now utilize a distinctive method of education that lays equal focus on theory in addition to practicum.
One particular study destination is Canada. Canada lays great focus on education and it has ensured the understanding imparted by its universities are first class as well as the greatest quality. Universities in Canada adopt a distinctive applied-based learning medium of your practice that amalgamates practical hands-on knowledge about classroom theory. Canada provides a Co-Op Program that is a program term where students make a start inside the industry in their course to achieve worldwide, professional experience and exposure.
Thinking about each one of these factors, if you’re searching to Study in Canada, listed here are a couple of tips you should know while signing up to attend universities in Canada:
1. Be mindful of application timelines:
- Applications to universities in Canada are usually online with documents being posted and uploaded on admission portals from the particular college or college.
- Prior to making a credit card application, it’s vital that you understand the deadlines which are set through the universities.
- Applications made following the set deadline are hardly ever considered by universities. Towards the same effect, you will find 3 primary intakes for study in Canada.
- Fundamental essentials Fall (September), Spring (May), and Winter (The month of January) intake. For every intake, there are specific deadlines that are set however these may change in line with the seat availability.
- For that Fall intake, the primary and popular intake, the deadline is generally The month of January.
- For that Spring intake, the deadline is about December but for the Winter intake, it is almost always August.
- The Spring and Winter intakes are often smaller-sized intakes and fewer colleges and universities have these intakes available.
2. Understand application requirements
To study at universities in Canada, you are required to meet a certain set of admission requirements and criteria. These requirements usually include:
Academic documents: These documents are essential for every application. Academic documents that need to be submitted by Indian students include
- Transcripts- 10th, 12th, semester 1-6/8 mark sheets, graduation certificate, provisional certificate, etc.
- Letters of Recommendation, Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose, etc.
- Proof of Language proficiency
- Additional essays, references, etc.
If there are more documents that need to be submitted, the university will inform you about them.
3. Prepare proof of Language Proficiency
To become qualified for study in Canada, students need to provide evidence of their proficiency in British as all courses in Canada are trained in British. Towards the same effect, there are specific band scores the student must meet to become qualified for study in Canada. Here are the needs for Canada.
- For a Post-graduate Diploma, the requirements are: IELTS -6.5 Bands (no band less than 6.0)
- For a Bachelor’s degree, the requirements are: IELTS -6.5 Bands (no band less than 6.0)
- For a Master’s degree, the requirements are: IELTS – 7.0 Bands (no less than 6.5 in each band)
You will find, however, possible waivers for IELTS or any other language needs when the student comes from an IB British or GCSE British academic background. In India, however, to become qualified for that Student Direct Stream for visa applications, IELTS is really a mandatory requirement.
4. Some final tips and advice
The applying tactic to study in Canada may appear just like a daunting process but it may be quite simple if all of the guidelines and admissions criteria are met. Hence, students need to pay attention to all the applications to really make it as seamless as they possibly can.
After you have submitted your application, here are a few things you can do:
- Make sure to check your email regularly to see if you have received an offer
- Do not provide additional documentation unless it is requested
- Be calm and composed throughout the process.
- Once you receive an unconditional offer, apply for your visa.